Kennels in Auvergne

Helga

We are thinking of maybe opening some boarding kennels in the Allier or Puy de dome region.

I know that not so many English live in those areas and wondered for those that do if there would be anyone who would want to use them or can they recommend an English speaking kennels?

2heads you're still thinking like a person dogs all speak dog and most speak at least one other language.

fortunately dog is pretty much universally the same although i will grant you there are some differences in signing due in part to anatomical differences

mutley

[quote]why are english speaking kennels important?[/quote]

Do not necessarily mean that English kennels are that important.

Just thought that if we opened some it might be helpful to any other English in that region who might want to leave their animals with us.

We do speak French and German as well! so any multi-lingual dogs would be able to stay!

[quote]Do not necessarily mean that English kennels are that important. Just thought that if we opened some it might be helpful to any other English in that region who might want to leave their animals with...[/quote]

excellent Morgane will be emailing shortly for directions only speaks frnehc and englsih and of course dog but se could take lessons in german if someone was available

can't get the hang of this darn quote thing!

• 1 month later...

My wife and are due to move over to Allier in Jan 2005.  We have 5 border collies and would most certainly be interested in an english speaking kennels.

Contrary to some of the previous statements about dogs and lanuage.  Our dogs are working sheepdogs, funny that they can respond to commands given in English but will just sit there staring blankly when instructed in Welsh.  I have also had a number of experiances in France when speaking or trying to command a french persons pet in English...same effect...no understanding de language....

Sorry but dogs are not as intelligent as humans and work on the basis of word recognition and association.  French might as well be martian as far as our dogs are concerned.  Now if you are really good at whistling commends then they may understand what you want them to do.

Regards, Mike L