Please help find "Saffie", here is her photo

Christine Animal

Louise’s little dog « Saffie » has gone missing from her home at Saint Vallier, near Chalais (Charente 16) since 22nd May. She is very young, was not wearing a collar, but is microchipped.  Louise says she has an over-shot jaw.

Despite Louise’s ads and posters there has been no news of her. It could be that she has been picked up by a well-meaning French family who, seeing no identity, may have thought she was abandoned and have kept her as she is so sweet. I say French because most English people take dogs they find to the vet to see if they are chipped, while the French have still not generally caught on to this. This is why we still have ours tattooed as this can be seen straight away (the best of course would be to have both). Also there has been a mistake in Louise’s telephone number when her identity was registered.

If someone thinks they may have seen Saffie, anywhere, even with someone who may have taken her, please contact Louise: telephone 05 45 78 47 53, or if you can’t get Louise, please contact us.

Many thanks, Christine

http://animalaidsaintaubin.monsite.wanadoo.fr

thats wonderful! its not often you hear good news regarding lost animals and I understand the pain the family must have gone through I just recently had my wonderful precious cat killed on the road and am going through hell at the moment so to hear good news has cheered me up so much, as I went on to the website and had a little cry last night after seeing the photo, it makes you realise how special and important little animals are in our lives and until they are lost or die sometimes we just don't realise! make the most of Saffie and don't let her out of your sight!

all the best

Liz

Dear Lizzie,  Thank you so much for your kind words.  I am terribly sorry about your cat.  I know how you feel.  We also had some killed back in the early days and it is unbearable.  That is why now all our cats are shut in.  It is much safer, with an enclosed run, or some people put up an electric fence when this is possible.  Sometimes it is said that it is cruel, but I disagree, a cat wants above all his security.  If any of ours get out by accident, they panic and all they try to do is get back in where they feel safe.  There are lots of cats perfectly happy in flats.

I too was very touched when I saw the photo of little Saffie, so sweet.  Thank goodness she got back safe and sound and Louise and her family can now enjoy a weekend letting everyone they contacted learn the good news!

Love to all, Christine