HOME URGENTLY WANTED FOR MINIATURE SCHNAUZER

Iris

We are urgently looking for a new home (free) for our male (castrated) Miniature Schnauzer. His Tattoo ID is:  ZEP 361.   His pedigree name is Ragtime de l’Embellie (known to us as ‘Bix’) and he was born in France on 6th March 2000.   He was purchased at five months from a reputable breeder in Gacé, but was raised in Paris.  He is fully vaccinated (last one 14th June 2005).  Our vet is Sylvie Cuminet at Le Teilleul, who is fully aware of our problems. Bix is in excellent physical health and has been regularly groomed.  We live in Orne near Domfront.

We will explain all the problems very honestly to anyone who contacts us direct by email, and then we can talk on the telephone prior to any meeting. Please appreciate the sensitivity of this post, and only respond to us direct if you are seriously interested.

Thank you.

Iris

TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR BIX! CAN YOU HELP?

Due to circumstances Bix has been staying at my kennels for the past few days, and in this short space of time I have seen him change from a timid and worried recluse to a bouncy, playful little chap. He is a real little character and I'm glad I've got to know him.

His owners have desperately tried everything to sort out his problem, but if he stays with them it is doubtful that it will be resolved. They know the best thing for Bix would be to find him another home, where a change of environment may help him overcome his problem. Unless a new home can be found they know they don't have any alternative but to have him put to sleep and this decision has been the hardest they have ever had to make. He needs a new home by Friday but PLEASE don't offer a home unless you really think you can help - he has a problem which Iris will explain in full detail.

His owners are finding the whole situation terribly upsetting so if you are genuinely interested in helping Bix, please contact Iris directly.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and in the meantime I'm going up to the kennels to give him a big cuddle!

This is just to say thank you to everyone who has helped me find a new home for Bix.  I particularly want to say a huge thank you to Emma Robertson of Acorn Kennels, who has been wonderful throughout this traumatic experience.  

As of this morning, Bix has been offered a loving and happy home, and we are both overjoyed.

Iris

[quote]"When there's a will there's a way." Fantastic news, wishing a very happy future to Bix, Christine[/quote]

We are the people who are looking forward to welcoming little Bix into our extended family. Our two dogs, Morse a Giant Schnauzer and Rosie a tiny Cairn terrier love both humans and other dogs and they are the ones who will sort out any problems which Bix may have.

In reoly to an earlier question yes the Americans clip their ears to make them look more fierce, more evolved society is against mutilating animals.

Roll on next Sunday when he arrives at our campsite.

www.leschenauds.com

[quote]"When there's a will there's a way." Fantastic news, wishing a very happy future to Bix, Christine[/quote]

We are the people who are looking forward to welcoming little Bix into our extended family. Our two dogs, Morse a Giant Schnauzer and Rosie a tiny Cairn terrier love both humans and other dogs and they are the ones who will sort out any problems which Bix may have.

In reoly to an earlier question yes the Americans clip their ears to make them look more fierce, more evolved society is against mutilating animals.

Roll on next Sunday when he arrives at our campsite.

www.leschenauds.com

Just to let everyone know that Brian and Sue have been so caring.  Barry will be taking Bix to their home on Sunday.  We have already shed and will shed more tears, but this is right for Bix.  We could not have wished for a happier outcome.  We have talked a lot on the phone and exchanged emails and photographs.  We know that Bix is going to be in a loving and happy home.  We will always love him and will miss him very much, and we wish Brian and Sue the best of everything.

Iris

Well done you! Might have been none of my business but I was touched by this thread and though I just couldn't help out myself (have a large G Shepherd dog who would never accept another male) I was keeping my fingers crossed for Bix, hope it all works out for you.

It sounds like Bix is going to thoroughly enjoy his new home and will have plenty of friends looking out for him.

I tried to explain to him that he will be going to a new home at the weekend but he was far too busy dancing around my legs to take the blindest bit of notice! Even when he did stop prancing around on his hind legs for a minute it was only to follow McGregor to make sure that he didn't miss out on any scenting activities. Occasionally he is spooked by Ellie (our long term boarder) and Bijley as they compete with each other to see who can run the fastest up and down the field. (Needless to say the lurcher ALWAYS wins!)

Bix is completely oblivious to all the heartache and anxiety he has caused and is contentedly watching Bonnie plod around sniffing out any new smells, or Lucy as she desperatley tries to get me to throw her ball (just one more time...!)

It's a dogs life...!

It sounds like Bix is going to thoroughly enjoy his new home and will have plenty of friends looking out for him.

I tried to explain to him that he will be going to a new home at the weekend but he was far too busy dancing around my legs to take the blindest bit of notice! Even when he did stop prancing around on his hind legs for a minute it was only to follow McGregor to make sure that he didn't miss out on any scenting activities. Occasionally he is spooked by Ellie (our long term boarder) and Bijley as they compete with each other to see who can run the fastest up and down the field. (Needless to say the lurcher ALWAYS wins!)

Bix is completely oblivious to all the heartache and anxiety he has caused and is contentedly watching Bonnie plod around sniffing out any new smells, or Lucy as she desperatley tries to get me to throw her ball (just one more time...!)

It's a dogs life...!