Pet Passport (date of microchipping)

Dianes

Not sure if this has been mentioned before as my search thingy doesn't seem to work.

We returned to UK on Saturday night after holiday in France with the dog. Took him ok last year with old paperwork, this year was the first time with the new pet passport. After being delayed for 2 - 3 hours because of all the security checks our hearts sank when our over-loaded car was beckoned to one side by the customs (we thought). It was actually a man from DEFRA doing a check.

He took the pet passport away and came back saying there was a problem. Our Vet had put N/K for date of microchipping. The dog had been micro-chipped at Battersea before we had him. Luckily I had brought the whole file of papers with me and had his certificate of microchipping and he accepted that, otherwise he wouldn't have allowed us to proceed!! Now I've got to get the vet to write the date on and officially stamp it!

So if you are about to take the dog with you check that the vet has filled in that part.

I think the problem with N/K is that it may have been after the blood test/”initial rabies vaccination” rather than before. I would suggest that the date be entered as before XX/XX/XXXX (the date being the date of the rabies vaccination before the blood sample was taken or even earlier if possible).

When I returned t the UK for last Christmas my two dogs’ Pet Passports were rejected at the ferry port in France as the vet has made several errors. They said that (at that time) loads were being filled in wrongly by vets and being rejected. Fortunately French vets have been advised to issue the old French PETS paperwork as well as Pet Passports for people travelling to the UK and in my case, this French paperwork was fine so I could still travel.

But then I wrote what you had written and saw you actually have the certificate of microchipping <>

Ian