Competition pony for loan to a good home

Fil

Hi,

I have a 14.1 anglo arab cross welsh cob gelding that I would like to find a good loan home for.  He is now twelve years old and was jumped lightly when my daughter was 16 and under and the right age for his height, but since coming to France five years ago has done next to nothing rather sadly.  I have four horses altogether and not enough time for this one, although as I bred him from my lovely anglo arab mare I don't want to part with him for good.

What he needs is an experienced child who can keep him with other horses and ponies and who already competes or who is about to start.  He would do any child up to age 16 (if the height and age limits are the same here as the UK) and is a very good jumper.  When my daughter schooled him in the UK her teacher said he had a very big jump indeed (he sees a stride perfectly) and my daughter said jumping 4' on him was like 2' on her old pony , a 14hh welsh cob.  He had enormous potential which I consider has up to now been wasted, but the good thing about him is he has never been hammered, over jumped or anything bad like that.  He was not broken until he was 5 and he has good legs, has never been lame in his life, loads in a box well, and is easy to catch, shoe etc.

He is finely built and good looking, being chestnut.  The sort of home is most important to me.  I want to be able to rest easy knowing he is being well looked after and loved and that he is not bored.  I do NOT want to put him in a french riding school - I have seen the sort of standard in them and was NOT impressed.  However, he could be at livery in one, for a single child's riding.  Not for public use though.  No way.  He is a good doer, never coughs, is forward going, long striding (rides like a little horse) and sweet natured.  He has done small show jumping classes, a little bit of dressage and some cross country in the uk.

I have plenty of land, he can go on being here, but I think he is wasted.  He has had his shoes taken off at the moment. 

If you have a child you think he would suit, or know a child, english or french, you think would be able to cope with him, email me.  I would be prepared to let him go on a trial basis if the right child wanted him, trial on both sides.  No charges involved - just a good home.  You pay the insurance, vets bills, shoeing, livery etc, and your child gets a very good pony to ride.  No-one thinking of keeping him in a field on his own need apply.

We are in the Morbihan, near to Josselin.

Thanks for reading this,

Fil