Dog tag information

Beryl

The only tag that was on my dog's collar was one that came with his microchip. He has lost it now and I am going to get a proper dog tag engraved.

Is there any info that I have to have on it by law ? ( better late than never [:$])

Otherwise I am just going to have his name, our phone number and the name of the Vets that he is registered with, engraved on the tag.

I wouldn't think it's a good idea to put the microchip number on Beryl.  If ever a dog is stolen, they could try to say it's their dog by knowing the chip number.  If you lost the tag showing he is chipped, maybe you can get another one from your vet to be worn as well as the one with your phone/mobile number.

Possum, I would also be interested by your tags which don't fall off and can be changed from one collar to another easily in case of need.

Edit : Maybe there's not much sense in what I've said above about the chip number, because when a dog is tattooed everyone can read it.   [8-)]

This is the place that I found.  They have a variety of styles, but the placques are under "collection fantaisie.  If memory serves, I put the dogs' names, my last name, our telephone number and our village name and postal code.  You pay per line of text, so I didn't want to get carried away!

PG