Battered cat!

TWINKLE

Glad your cat is on the mend.  Don't know if it is the same where you are but we called our vet on a saturday night with one of our dogs and only paid an extra 5 euros!!

It is easy to do things with the best of intentions.  We attended a cats wounds that had been in a fight with dettol before someone told us that it was poisionous and she had  lost several stray kittens she had rescued by using dettol....also jeyes fluid is lethal to cats.

[quote user="Toodlepips"]

Glad your cat is on the mend.  Don't know if it is the same where you are but we called our vet on a saturday night with one of our dogs and only paid an extra 5 euros!

[/quote]

I'm also happy that your cat is on the mend Twinkle!  [:D]  and Toodlepips I will avoid dettol and the like on our cats - thanks for the advice!

We had to take our cat to the vet a couple of weeks ago... her foot was badly swollen and she was limping.  The vet had to be called in and arrived about 15 minutes after his receptionist phoned him.  Whilst there was little of the soft and gentle bedside manner of our old vet in the UK, the vet quickly realised her paw was badly infected - open it with a shaver (after shaving a little bit of fur).. gave it a good clean with a cotton bud and iodene (ouch!) dressed it, gave her 2 injections and gave us a weeks supply of tablets... all for just £36.  I thought this was fantastic value for money!  Poor cat wondered what had happened to her but recovered quickly... the vet diagnosed a fight with a wild cat as the cause.