Children in Schools

Glcpons

Hi,
We have a house in France that is near to Saints and Pons. I would like to know if there are any English children in the schools surrounding Saintes and Pons and what they think of the school and the all around lifestyle of living in France. Could people also reply if they have any children living in the surrounding area of our house because I have 2 young children who do not know any one, and would like to make friends with somebody english.

Thanks
Gail

P.S As you can no doubt see this request has been made by my 12 year old son.

Hi Gail?

Not exactly in the same position as you but we moved over here nearly two years ago with our two sons who then were two weeks old and 18 months.

We were desperate for my eldest to make friends and at every opportunity took him to the local McDonalds play area just to have some company for him. But what we discovered was that the local french children, ie. neighbours etc? were more than happy to play with the children and the language barrier didnt have any problems with either of them at all.

If your kids are starting school over here as soon as you come like my eldest is now it is probably better for them to start mixing with the french kids first to get them used to the language difference and also we have found that the french kids are incredibly responsible, polite and very sweet.

Good luck with it all.

DAWN

Hi

We live just outside Cognac and have been here since 2002.

We have 2 boys, ages 8 & 12 who attend the local schools.

The eldest boy plays football for the local team and is playing in the departmental (16) cup semi-final this Saturday.

If you or your eldest want to contact us or our kids then send us a mail.

Jongleur