Option Internationale Baccalaureat

Holly1

Hi all, does anyone have a child who has done the BAC with OIB please? If can you offer any advice or comments on how it's going/how it went, and in particular whether it is of great benefit in the longer term for a child who is more interested in sciences than the language and history/geography which the OIB concentrates on. If perchance anyone has personal experience of the lycee Francois Magendie at Bordeaux please do get in touch, by PM/email if you prefer.

Thanks, Holly

Hi

I'm am actually in my first year of passing the BAC with the OIB at Lycée Grand Air at La Baule. It is an extremely interesting BAC and i enjoy it alot. It is also a good BAC for those who want to study sciences as it allows a very big range of subjects to do, much more than in the normal filière S. It is going fine for me at the moment, i am in 1er ES and i am having no trouble in either English Literature or with the History and Geography, the teachers teach in an english way and not at all like the French teachers which is very refreshing!For my years BAC which we will be passing next year, we are studying 6 books for it in great depth and many of my friends in the scientific BAC enjoy enormously these lessons because it allow room for scope even if we all have to admit that there is a lot more work, but it is definitely worth it.

Yours sincerely

daughter of godwinsj

Holly

Hi daughter of godwinsj :-)

Thanks very much for your message, it was most helpful for my daughter and I. Good luck with the rest of your studies and with your exams when the time comes! I have since been in touch with someone else from La Baule and they too are being very helpful. We are still looking into the whole OIB issue.

Just a note to anyone who may be reading this in future, perhaps after finding the message during a search. Even if it is some time since I sent this I would still be interested to hear from you, so please do reply.

Thanks again

Holly