French youth unemployment

Sprogster

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Jura"]

They stopped teaching Pitman in Australia when my Mum left school in the 50's. I learn't Greig much later on.

I love to reply to other people's opinions...with my own[;-)].

[/quote]

Well just goes to show the UK can't be all bad because it held onto Pitman much later than that   .......   it being the best shorthand method of all, the other lot are ok for Sheila's though.     Thats ok, as long as you remember each of us has one.      

[quote user="Panda "]

....but I was referring to the pub to pub walking the streets type drunkeness, in France if you see someone out in our town after about 10 you would be surprised, in the UK in a similar sized town it would be heaving (literally) from 9pm till 3am with people the worse for a few drinks. 

[/quote]

Back from Ireland - lots of live music, wandering from pub to pub with several guinnesses...and had a wicked time.  Much more fun than France in winter [;-)]

p.s. - greeted with a phone message from neighbour on my return, she's still bored, why haven't I called and she could really do with a holiday but can't afford.  Nuff said

[quote user="Scooby"]

Back from Ireland - lots of live music, wandering from pub to pub with several guinnesses...and had a wicked time.  Much more fun than France in winter [;-)]

p.s. - greeted with a phone message from neighbour on my return, she's still bored, why haven't I called and she could really do with a holiday but can't afford.  Nuff said
[/quote]

Scooby will you EVER listen, there you go again sweepiing generalisations, please remember it's your opinion, I've just got back from an afternoon in a local restaurant where I had a 7 course meal, having wandered through the village with friends, the meal costs 12 euros a head, you simply get served the 7 courses, no selection takes place and the place was full of local french a truly enjoyable afternoon.

The last time I was in Dublin I was treated to the rare sight of a young girl squatting for a pee in the street whilst passers by simply took no notice, that was nice!  That said I love Ireland but I don't post on the Living Ireland Forum as I don't, Live in Ireland! 

re the phone message, I think she has her eye on you!!  [Www]

EDIT, a small point, no one over 20 says 'nuff said' but to try and enter into the sprit of your 'street talk'  what about Scooby, Dooby, Do One!![:D]

Just remember Panda that 'your' France does not exist all over France. She is different all over and all differences in France should be acknowledged. Makes it easier for those thinking of moving here. Now...where exactly do you live so that the hordes can land there and never be bored along with you?.

If I said that rural France offered everybody right across the board unending entertainment and total fun, 7 days a week, would you accuse me of making 'sweeping generalisations' ?

Maybe so if that is 'your experience' and 'view' of rural France. But it ain't the same for all of us.

Scoob's...I toured the Guinness factory in Dublin 4 years ago. Walked in easily...staggered out, with a guinness glass from the top floor bar as a souvenir[:D].

I'll bet you can't do that at 'Stella's.

[quote user="Jura"]

If I said that rural France offered everybody right across the board unending entertainment and total fun, 7 days a week, would you accuse me of making 'sweeping generalisations' ?

Scoob's...I toured the Guinness factory in Dublin 4 years ago. Walked in easily...staggered out, with a Guinness glass from the top floor bar as a souvenir[:D].

I'll bet you can't do that at 'Stella's.

[/quote]

But Jura that's the point, I wouldn't say that and to be honest it was the statement by Scooby, ' life in France for women is awful' that got my goat!  After this gem he continued in the same way, always statements, never a 'for me' or a 'I think', he is clearly neither a woman or living in France so it annoyed me that he could state these things as fact, you should understand this as I feel you are a strong woman and I was more offended by the chauvinistic element than anything else.  So no of course I wouldn't say it was the same everywhere, nor have I ever said said that things are all good here all of the time, in fact I have quoted often my concerns on many things. 

As for the Guinness factory I toured it too but sadly a TV programme on the demise of Guinness last week stated they were likely going to sell off the factory as it's worth a great deal of money.  There has been a huge drop in sales of the black stuff year on year and things are not going well.[:(]

Lastly, this woman who keeps ringing Scooby with tales of how bored a housewife she is, do you not think she is trying to entice him in??[;-)]

Well Panda, we women can knock a man over the head with a sign that say's in capitol letters 'TAKE ME!' whilst wearing nothing but a pair of woolly socks and a Manchester United scarf...and they will still just say 'you're blocking the screen!'

I would say that the 'ground' that the Guinness  factory stands on is worth the great deal of money, not so much the factory itself. I sniff property developers hanging around Dublin. What a shame though, and how long has it been there?...

I personally went from being an ultra-busy, city-dwelling,  professional orchestral violinist to living in an ultra-rural, culturally deceased, backwater of France in the space of 12 months. It's amazing what we girls do for our men and their dreams. However, even 'he' is bored with this place now... and he grew up in rural Northern Ireland!.

You live and you learn. Then you correct the mistakes you made.

Tourangelle, I think the bored elderly locals I write about are relevant. Unless the local youth aim higher in life they will finish up just like them.

[quote user="Jura"]

Tourangelle, I think the bored elderly locals I write about are relevant. Unless the local youth aim higher in life they will finish up just like them.

[/quote]

Wow what a scoop, young people get older eventually! 

I think it's hilarious Scooby has been confused for a bloke[:D]

[quote user="Jura"]

Well Panda, we women can knock a man over the head with a sign that say's in capitol letters 'TAKE ME!' whilst wearing nothing but a pair of woolly socks and a Manchester United scarf...and they will still just say 'you're blocking the screen!'

[/quote]

You've just not met the right sort of man.......................[:P]

not sure about the man-u scarf though, thats a bit of a turn-off............

[:)]