Registering a BFG registered car

Callandclan

Assuming it is a post 1/1/96 European spec car it should be the same as for any car i.e
1 ) get French certificate of conformity from the French importer or agent
2) get certificate from tax office to say VAT has been paid
3) visit prefecture and register.

regs

Richard

when we brought our car we collected in uk.
it already had been regestered in the uk.we had our own no plates as on regestration,but we had pink log book.when you get to germany it has to be registered with in the army system.as in BFG registration you then get another set of plates that are still english nos.but are regestered with in germany ;ie police records. if you got stopped with them in uk.they are untracable as in speed cameras.
so if i bring the back to uk.i then have to go back to my no plates that where issued to me when first uk registered.i then get a diffrent log book as in the same as every other car in uk.so here is the big question would we then have to pay tax !!!!thanks
diane
a real pain again!!

By the way if you buy a tax free car in Germany register it in the UK and then export to France you PAY THE VAT. The agreement is only between Germany and UK. I checked with Customs and Excise, they will be informed in Germany if it leaves the UK after registration(I think within 6 months) This is why we have not brought a new one.

Back to my origional question our car is an old left hand drive, first registered in Germany, Now BFG.... What problems have people encountered trying to register in France. It will not be registered in the UK, we are going straight to France from Germany.

Thanks