Minibuses Which Ones!!

Griffscobbie

I am trying to purchase a minibus in the uk to take to France. I have looked at which ones to take.

The problem is: Most minibuses in the uk are one body size, so, if you want a factory fitted 9 seater Ford for example then you get a 9 seater but in the back there is space for 3 more seats. (great luggage area I thought). One of our Friends who lives in france says that this is not acceptable as it is classed as a 12 seater although it came out of the factory as 9.

Can anyone assist with this matter!!

Regards

>I am trying to purchase a
>minibus in the uk to
>take to France. I
>have looked at which ones
>to take.

Does it have to purchased in the Uk, and presumably as RHD ?

Only there seems to be many more minibus variations available here in France as the French tend to buy them as family vehicles,and they tend to have more children/family to ferry about. I know when I bought a new Traffic van recently that there were lots of different seating options for work, family, minibus etc.

One thing if you are buying in the Uk from a service maintenace point of view is to probably stay with a well known (French?)brand, although Ford are well covered here anyway.

Best of luck,

Paul

• 5 weeks later...
I would agree that it is worth looking at what is available in France. For example the Renault Traffic is available in France as a really civilised MPV/minibus with luggage space whereas in the UK you have to get it converted which makes it much dearer and I guess it would then be hard to get a Certificate de Conformit to register it in France.

The new (came out this year) VW Caravelle or Shuttle is a massive lift over the previous model. I borrowed one last week which had the 178 BHP engine option. Seriously quick and 35 mpg and actually quite quiet. Still trying to convince she that must be obeyed that this would be a sensible vehicle for those long hauls to Correze.

Stpehen (19)