French Micro Cars

Kennymike

With apologies to those who may have seen my question posted on a different thread, can anyone help please with information about buying, driving and using the Micro cars that are seen on French roads but not in the UK? By the way, I am not refering to the SMART car here. I am considering a scooter but wonder if one of the Micro cars might be a more 'comfortable'option.

We bought one for my wife (2 years ago) and I have to say it's very good. It has electris windows, sentral locking and made by Axim. Burns one tank of fuel every 2 months going back and forth from the shops and it costs 10 to fill it up, service is cheap but the insurance is high and you don't appear to get a bonus (it's around 600 per year).

Wouldn't use it for long drives although I did go from Quillan to Carcassonne once and it only took 10 minutes longer than in my Discovery and I am not a slow driver and it normally takes around 40 mins.

Now she is taking her French teest shortly we shall be selling it and in a way I shall be sad to see it go.

Some people think they are a pain and as this one looks like a real car we have put a 50 sticker on it. To save grief is we get a few cars behind us we pull over and let them pass.

Don't be put off by negative comments which I know you will get they are great.

Chris

http://www.chambresdhote.com