Imported Cars from Holland

Kennymike

I am aware that a number of people have said they have bought a LHD car direct from Holland or imported one through a dealership in France at a substantial discount. I should be most interested in more information and any help with either or both these options. Having recently bought a second home in France, I am considering buying a small car to keep in France principally for use whilst out there, although I might bring it to the UK for short trips from time to time. I should want to have it registered locally and on French plates, so I suspect that using a dealer in France would mean that this would be done for you. No doubt if the car was registered in France, it would also not be too difficult to find a French insurance company that would include temporary cover for trips to the UK?
Any tips and advice would be welcome.

Kenny

we have used www.intercar.nl (no connection) to buy cars - no problem . Simply get the european conformity certificate from them. When you get the car to France. Some prefectures will take this certifcate directly (they should) but some want to see the French conformity certifcate so you will need to contact the main importer in France to get a French conformity certifcate.

You will need to pay TVA on the car (Centre des Impots , if I remember) and then with the certificate of tax paid and the conformity certificate go to the prefecture and register.

regs

Richard