Removals - France to UK

There's quite a bit of info on moving from UK to France, but I can't see anything about going the other way!

We're about to do that in the not too distant future, and wondered if anyone can offer advice?

Do we use a UK removals company or a french one? (I hope that's not a daft question, but there must be more UK lorries going back empty, rather than the other way round?) 

Is there anybody who has moved back to UK, who can give us an idea of costs?  (using french or english removals). I know it's completely dependent on the load size/distance/volume etc, but any info would be useful.

Thank you.

David

We've just shipped a part load with Move-it/Channelmoving from Ashford, Kent and if you can be flexible on dates they have some really good rates. They are into France virtually every week so you normally can have a choice.

Their'phone number is
UK: 01233 645177 and the contact name is Berin Riley.

I have no commerial association with this company other than as a satisfied customer.

As most moving traffic is going the other way - and lorries coming back empty- I suppose you could barter for a very good rate from a UK company. We used Bardies of Leicester, part of the Britannia group - we used a whole lorry for our big move - but Mr Bardwa (he is very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable) explained they often do organise sharing. The good thing about using a big group like Britannia, but with individual local members, is that they can coordinate all the members moves for optimum efficiency and cost.

• 3 years later...
We used a UK company. I got quotes from quite a few of them.

The french ones, well, we would have been better off selling every last thing and starting again, which now I am saying it, might not have been a bad idea[:D]

Some UK companies send out french agents to do the quote, but the two we had were pretty useless.