Tractor Insurance

Linnorton

We are in the process of buying a second-hand tractor and will want to insure it.  Both our cars are insured in the UK so we have no experience of vehicle insurance in France.  Does anyone have experience of this?  Would be extremely grateful if you could give an indication of cost and what documentation would be needed.

i pay about 110 euro a yr for my tractor which covers it for everything you would get with car insurance.

how much are you paying for your second hand tractor, we got ours new from the UK cheaper than what we would have paid for an old french one thats had several hundred thousand hrs of usage.

try   http://www.siromer.demon.co.uk/  thats where we got ours

they hve a great service and backup should you need it, you wouldn't believe the things i've done with ours.

mike

Mikey, thanks for that info.  We did look at importing from the UK but in the end have decided to buy second hand from local dealer for 2,500 euros.  It will come with a carte grise and my husband has seen it stripped down, he's an HGV mechanic.  He's quite happy with the deal.  Your insurance sounds very reasonable, did you do it through your house insurers or a different company?