DRIRE Carcassonne Closing and update on Range Rover

Washy

DRIRE in Carcassonne is definitely closing on 1st April.  I spoke to the secretary for my favourite man! And he has been unavailable this week, in meetings in Montpellier.  If he has lost his job he may be on strike next week, who knows. 

This leaves me in a dilema.  We have had all the costly work done 3400 euros (gulp!) on the gpl system but garage left the petrol tank leaking and dangerous, so back to the garage tomorrow.  The garage owner keeps pestering me to go back to Drire but we have be unable to do so this week. 

So I haven't a clue what happens next. DRIRE have my paperwork but they will not exist in the same form in Carcassonne after Friday.  Anyone due to go to DRIRE I would urge to ring the secretary first as we have been told to do on Friday. 

Friday is already April 1st?.....I will also ring the Prefecture to ask the procedure now as we are half way through the system.

We are held up with the Land Rover as hubby's passport is at the consulate in Paris for renewal and I needed to show mine on our first visit.

Update:  No one seems to know about the privatisation except DRIRE themselves???? Our Mairie did not know and says the DRIRE is functioning as normal for Equipement vehicles. (i.e.not private cars).  I rang the Prefecture and they said do not just turn up with vehicles.  They did not have my file so I would have to wait until DRIRE sorts itself out????? I told them I was half way through the process, they were not very helpful and said I had to write to DRIRE at Carcassonne and ask for another appointment.  I did this today, but this is making the process so long for us and they have all the originals of my paper work. Glad I took copies.

• 2 weeks later...

Washy

The left hand never knows what the right is doing.  I've been doing immatriculation things for clients and last year I was told by the impots in Limoux that I didn't need to get the 'tax' form anymore.  I went to Carcassonne to put all the paperwork through and they asked me for a tax form .. I told them what the impots in Limoux had said and they took umbrage to this.

I ended up in the Chef's office telling her the same thing, she wasn't happy being told by me that this piece of paper was no longer a necessity.  She was outraged (with Limoux) to find that I had been telling the truth and she was the 'last' to know!!!!

DRIRE (or rather DREARY!!) will be a sad departure, used to love going to battle there and meeting the boss's spaniel!!

PS.  Sad news, 'Caramel' has died, he got hit on the road through the village which is meant to be a 30 limit!!  I was devastated as were a lot of neighbours, he spent his days either sitting on the piano in church or going out for walks with my neighbour & his dog!!!  He was a real little character!