Telepeage question

M3GS

Hi,

For the past 12 months or so I have enjoyed the benefits of having the Telepeage transponder stuck in my windscreen - one of the best things I ever did.

However on the next few trips I will be towing a trailer, and obviously the tolls due will increase. My question is, does anyone know the correct procedure when I go down to may place in 82 next week? That is to say, should I go through the manned booths and pay the difference in cash - or will the toll person adjust the fee paid automatically when my transponder triggers the barrier?

Or could I risk navigating the autotolls and hope for the best that the barrier does not come crashing down before the trailer gets past? (OK I know this would probably be unlawful!)

Any advice most welcome as I have checked the Sanef site, but I cannot make head nor tail of the small print.

Thanks

Roger

Ok  think I have found the answer:

My badge permits the transit of Class 1 vehicles including 'ensembles de vehicules' which I take to mean trailers as well. If any one can confirm this is actually the case though I will be eternally grateful!

Thanks

Roger  Smile [:)]

I think it will depend on trailer height, won't it?

IIRC, a trailer BELOW 1.8 m, (I think that's the height), is classed as "Classe 1". Above that, you move into "Classe 2".

Having said that, I don't recall ever seeing anyone go through the auto toll with a trailer........

Alcazar

If your car and trailer are both less than or equal to 2m in height, then you are in class one.  If either of them is over 2m but under 3m, then you are in class two (typically vans and caravans).

The telepeage will register the class one fee as normal and the barrier will stay up until after your car and trailer have passed through.

However, if your combination falls into class two, then you'd need to go through a non-telepeage lane and pay the class two fee by credit card/cash.

Thanks for all your fast responses. I am pretty sure that I'll be Ok then as my trailer only carries a motorcycle and that will keep me under the height/weight limits for class one. Great forum!

Roger