Headlamp Deflectors?

More2Learn

Everyone.

Firstly, thank you for all the helpful comments and advice, very much appreciated.

I got in touch again with Peugeot through the export email address on their website, they had helped put me on to the right person to deal with my 'Certificate of Conformity' which was sent very quickly.

They said that the 'Xenon' headlamp units should be switchable and to contact the dealer to sort this out. The car is in next week having some last minute warranty work done and some final checks before we leave for France at the end of October. I will be speaking to them about the lights and though I have had two new tyres just fitted, giving me almost new all around, I shall ask about camber adjustment. I live out in the wilds of Norfolk so my local dealer isn't very big, but he has always been very helpful.

Just drove from Norwich to Cornwall and then back again last week, saying some goodbyes to friends and family. Over a thousand miles in six days, nearly five hundred each way on motorway and major trunk roads.  The car drove like a dream, hope the trip down to Southern France goes as smoothly, much better fuel consumption as well.

All in all, very pleased with my new toy.

More2Learn.

At last managed to get the information out of the factory, yes there is a mechanism for moving the Xenon beam. A lever moves it from left hand bias to a straight ahead position for Continental Touring. Hope the French testing station accepts that.

All I have to do now is learn to handle driving a RHD in France.

More2Learn.

In my opinion, the car would have to have been priced at about 30% of the price here in France to compensate for the hassle of driving a RHD car here. The 407 diesel is a very good car, but should you come to sell it here it will be worth nothing. What resident would ever buy a RHD car, but as you say you intend to drive it till it falls apart that is fine, that only means that you have about 15 years of driving a RHD on the right side of the road. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that you are doing the wrong thing, but I owned two LHD cars in the UK and hated them both after about 6 months, but there was nothing that I could do about it as they had no value on UK plates. I wish you the best of luck.

I think the situation for RHD cars here is somewhat different to that for LHD in the UK, mainly due to the nature of the roads and traffic conditions.

I drive both RHD and LHD.  In general conditions I don't notice a lot of difference - overtaking cars is not

normally a problem (as with correct positioning you can usually see

around/through them, even assuming they are not going fast enough for

your liking) nor town or motorway/dual carriageway driving.

Where it is a real pain to be in the RHD is on busy N and D roads when you are stuck behind a lorry and want to overtake.   If you do a lot of driving where you are likely to come up behind lorries and trailers on two-way roads and you are a get-ahead type of driver, it will be a real pain, as Bob says.