Quadndrary

BIG MAC

Spot the deliberate spelling mistook?

I have purchased a Quad Bike with the intention of using it as a little workhorse pulling a small trailer for logs and building materials garden stuff etc.

Vehicle is second hand but never registered as it is an agricultural type of machine.

Is it possible to use the bike legally on French roads and what are the MOT (Equivalent) and registration requirements?

It would be handy to be able to nip up to the brico for a couple of bags of cement.

Any advice aways appreciated.

Homologation as in relation to France itself or the EU?

It is a Yamaha, in fact its this Yamaha http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/25/1c/45_1_b.JPG

I guess I write to the Yamaha Concessionaire?

Incidentally I have heard rumour that Yamaha UK (Matsui as was) may be re-locating to Lille?

Do the French have an equivalent to the UK VOSA examination for kit cars and the like?

Homologation for France. You need to write to Yamaha France and ask for an attestation de conformite.  Their address is:

Yamaha Motors

1, Avenue du Fief

ZA les Béthunes

95310 SAINT OUEN L'AUMONE

Tél 01.34.30.31.00

French equivalent of the UK VOSA examination is the reception de titre isole undertaken by the DRIRE.

Hi Big Mac

I don't like to disapoint you but i think the bike you have bought is a un homologated version. In which case it cannot be registered for use on the road.

If it is the Homologated one then you may be restricted to 25kph like a tractor.

You should be able to go to your local quad dealer (assuming you have one) they will be able to tell you if it can be road registered.

Good luck, I hope all goes well from a fellow Quadder

Dogwood