Buying/Selling Cars in France

Mark

I'm replacing my French registered car with another (yet to be found).  Just checking that:

1/ All I need to do officially with the one I'm selling is to cross through the carte grise and hand over service history, and

2/ As I'm intending to buy from a garage forecourt/showroom, they will sort out the carte grise and CT pre-sale, and given that it's not a 'private' sale as such, I will have the peace of mind that there won't be any outstanding credit or other nasties lurking....

Anything else, other than amending my insurance? 

Thanks [:)]

1/ ...and complete a certificat de cession - one copy to the buyer, one copy for yourself and the third copy to your prefecture within 15 days of the sale notifying them you are no longer the owner of the vehicle.  You will also have to supply the buyer with a certificat de situation/non-gage to give him peace of mind that there's no outstanding credit on your car or other nasties lurking....

2/...the garage will have obtained a non-gage certificate for the car they're selling to you so they can submit the registration application on your behalf.  It's a compulsory document for registration.