Certificate of Conformity in English

tarncat

I am about to reregister my 10 year old Honda but the Certificate of Conformity I have been sent is in English (although the words "EC Certificate of Conformity" are translated into umpteen languages, including French, on the front page.)

Does anyone know if this will be acceptable at the Prefecture or will I need to get a French version?

Many thanks.

According to the code de la route, EU certificates of conformity must be in French.  That said, it's rare for a prefecture to refuse an English one because the only info they need off the certificate is the CNIT number or e*xxxx number.  They just input that into their terminal and it automatically produces the data for the carte grise.

My Cert of Conformity was in English.  I did everything that SD has advised and posted elsewhere on the forum and had no probs once I got to the Prefecture.  I couldn't get the bods at my Mairie or Sous Prefecture to transcribe all the necessary info (I tried them first because they were nearer to my home).  But, once in the Carte Grise office in the Prefecture, the people there knew exactly what was required and I came away with the document.

Just successfully registered 3 x UK bikes at the prefecture with an English CoC. The woman there did initially say they needed to be from Kawasaki France, but I pointed out that they are eurpoean certificates and she accepted that. Now all 3 bikes are on French plates.