Ebay - changing the billing currency

I've tried to get an answer on this from Ebay but for the eighth time now they've just sent me cut and paste replies on instructions to do it without answering the specific problem. 

Has anyone successfully changed there billing currency from Sterling to Euros. Every time I try it the verification page produces nonesense, like country - Netherlands, and even correcting the information on that page and submitting it, the next page doesn't load.

I'm presuming this may be a result of me originally registering with Ebay UK, causing a software glitch. Although I've changed the registration to Ebay France the problem continues. I know some others on the board have done this, did you have the same problem, how did you get round it ? 

Unless it's changed you end up paying exchange fees every month.

Eslier,

for your information it can be done. After 3 weeks, 20 emails they were still answering my detailed question as if it were the first time and cutting and pasting instructions, evidently they don't read anything but the last email you send them. In the end I found myself that after reregistering to France and then choosing 'pay by cheque' first you can change the currency. Though I now count myself among those who will leap at the chance to trade elsewhere once rivals to Ebay establish decent alternative markets.