Advice on selling language school

Hi there,

Nice forum. Wish I'd come across it earlier. It would have saved me many problems over the years.

My wife and I own a successful EFL school in Lyon with about 12 employees and a turnover of about 750,000 euros.

My health has gone downhill quite rapidly over the summer and we've decided that I'm not really up to continuing to run the Lyon school. My wife would like to continue running our smaller school in L'Isle d'Abeau but let go of the Lyon school. I have a good income from my Internet activities.

We've had a good income from the Lyon school for over 20 years and we have a strong emotional attachment to it. We want to ensure that our clients and our staff are well treated by the new owners. This means that we would rather sell to younger, fitter versions of ourselves than to a big group. We know that this will result in a lower price but that really isn't a consideration for us.

However, the advantage of selling to a big group is that we can make a quick sale. For my own personal reasons but also for operating reasons, I would like the sale to take place by the end of October.

Can anybody give me any advice on the best way of contacting potential buyers in the UK in this short space of time? I imagine that the production delays in a monthly magazine would be too long to consider advertising in this particular excellent publication.

Thanks,

Pearson Brown