Just how wet is the Toulouse area?

Berlioz

Can anyone in the Toulouse area help?  We are hoping to relocate to southern France in Summer 2006.  We had hoped to be in the Herault (34) an area that we know quite well during all seasons, but cannot find an international school for our 16yo as she will not have  time to catch up in French enough to do the BAC with International option. (Education Forum lots of help here) the International School in Toulouse would seem to be an option.

One of our reasons for wanting to move south is that I have a medical condition that is almost totally better in a warm dry climate.  I've looked up lots of climate stats but realise that microclimates may exist or the stats may be a bit misleading as extremes in a year can alter the results. 

We live in East Anglia which is actually quite a dry area rainfall wise but we have lots of days when mist/drizzle/damp changes in atmospheric pressure (even in so called summer)  and lack of any sun makes me feel like it is winter already!

http://www.windal.net/weather/ is one site that depressed me is it really that bad? (I contrasted London and Toulouse 

If we can't sort out a suitable area we will have to wait until she has finished her A levels and gone to Uni in the UK before we move which would be hard on her younger sister (who we would like to enter the French system sooner rather than later)

Any comments (positive or negative or even suggestions of different regions) welcome!

Hi

here are some stats for Toulouse. You can compare with other locations here : http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/stats/europe.htm

Toulouse/Blagnac, France

Latitude: 43.38N  Longitude: 001.22E   Altitude: 153m
Bitmap
JFMAMJ

Thank you Peter, the weather link was just what I was looking for.  I have visited the Langudoc Pages many times, they are super, I had not seen that article though.

So in case anyone else is interested here is the result of my excel homwork, I added Perpignan for an example of a Med climate. I hope the chart comes out Ok. The average temperature and hours of sunshine are better too!