Registering a PGO scooter from the UK in France

sevenmilesout

I hope someone can help, here.I have a PGO 125cc scooter, which we brought to our house in France 2 years ago. We spend around 5 months in France and 7 months in the UK.

What do I need to do to register it?

Second question, can anyone recommend an insurance company to insure it?

I gather that as I have held a UK car driving license for 35 years I am entitled to drive it on that license.

Thank you for reading the post

Best regards

Phil

What do I need to do to register it?

Visit your local tax office with the V5C registration document and proof of address such as a utility bill and ask them for a quittus fiscal (VAT certificate).

Contact Euromotor SARL,  9 ave du Bouton d'Or, ZA des Petits Carreaux, 94386 BONNEUIL SUR MARNE Cedex and ask them for an attestation d'identification.

Visit your prefecture and complete a demande de certificat d'immatriculation and hand it in together with the above certificates and produce your passport and proof of address.  Pay the registration fee and walk out with a provisional registration certificate which you use to get a rear plate made up and fitted.  Your definitive carte grise will arrive in the post within a few days.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company to insure it?

You can obtain a quote from any French insurer.

I gather that as I have held a UK car driving license for 35 years I am entitled to drive it on that license.

Correct, but only in France.