How to complete a Declaration de cession ??

Howie

I know it's a basic question, but I'm selling my old French car here in the UK and my French is very poor.

Has anyone got a scan of a COMPLETED declaration, - to give me a hint of what to write where?

Sorry for the stupid question. But I'm rather stuck here.

The form is not difficult to complete - I'm sure you know what words like Je, nom, voie, code postal, etc mean.  If not, then get your dictionary out. You'll then know what to write where.....[;-)]

The top part of the form asks for your name and address, the date you have sold (cédé) the vehicle, some details off the carte grise, the name and address of the person you've sold it to, whether or not you've handed over the carte grise and a box that you sign in.

The second part is the certificate of sale.  Fill in your name and address and the date of sale to the person mentioned in the previous part of the form.  Tick the box to certify the vehicle has not been subject to a notable transformation, leave the next box unticked and finally you and the buyer both sign at the bottom.

For the boxes asking for (A), (E), (B), (D1), (D2), (J1), (D3) you'll find the information in the same numbered fields on your carte grise.

• 2 weeks later...