Caravan Modifications

Mikejac

Hi, can anyone with experience of registering a UK caravan in France tell me whether or not they have had to make any modifications to their van, e.g. rear lights.

If modifications are needed is it better to have them done in the UK before departure for France, or wait until I get there?

Mikejac

[quote]Hi, can anyone with experience of registering a UK caravan in France tell me whether or not they have had to make any modifications to their van, e.g. rear lights. If modifications are needed is it b...[/quote]

Hi

The problem is that in order to register the caravan, you need a certificate of conformity from French importer or Manufacturer.

If that make / model was never sold in France, the costs and complexities rise. It is worth searching this forum, because others have had the same problem.

Once in France you can not tow a UK plated caravan with a French registered car, so it needs to be sorted before leaving UK.

Peter

We have produced a fact sheet on registering a UK caravan in France. If you PM your email address to us we will send you a copy. It is not only modifications to your tail lights that is important butall the technical details regarding the A frame etc. that are required in order to register the van.

None of it is insurmountable, but forewarned is forearmed!

John and Angie

• 5 years later...