Registrating a Car - Eco Taxe/Certificate of Conformity

Courrieras

We have a 1999 TVR which we would like to take to France when we relocate later this year. I have been researching the details for registering and would like some advice if possible to the following:-

1. TVR are no longer in production and therefore we would not be able to secure a CoC, therefore I assume we can apply via DRIRE?

2. The car was never tested for CO2 emissions and therefore we do not have a reading for this, where do we stand re Suretaxe/Malus, do we have to pay it? Or would we be exempt due to the age of the car.

3. I have read various old postings re the 10% reduction for older cars, but cannot find any reference to this in the details now displayed via the Carte-Grise Website or Service-Public. It currently states:-

“Cette taxe s'applique à tous les véhicules particuliers (genre VP) mis en circulation depuis le 1er juin 2004. Initialement appliquée aux véhicules neuf comme d'occasion, le bonus / malus écologique se substitue depuis début 2008 à la surtaxe co2 à l’immatriculation. Toutefois, si le véhicule ne rentre pas dans le champs d'application du bonus / malus, la surtaxe co2 est alors appliquée.

Pour simplifier, un véhicule d'occasion est généralement soumis à la surtaxe co2 tandis qu'un véhicule neuf est soumis au bonus/malus écologique.

Le taux d'émission de CO2 de votre véhicule se trouve sur sur votre carte grise à la rubrique 'V7' de celle-ci (si le véhicule a été mis en circulation après le 1er juin 2004). “

Any help would be much appreciated, as I have spent literally hours on the internet trying to get to the bottom of this!!

Teresa