CoC for a Toyota van

scooterboy

Hi, I'm a noob to this forum, so be kind hu.

I want to bring my Toyota hiace van to France and get it registered.

I know I need a CoC, but have come unstuck with Toyota UK.

It's a 2010 UK model, but registered in June.

Seems if it was October then I would have been ok...

This is an email I received from them:

unfortunately a CoC is not available for this van. These were not introduced for certain commercials vehicle until October 2010, we can

provide you with a statement of compliance which will confirm that your vehicle met certain European standards at the time of manufacture but often is the case that the French authorities will not accept it and on this basis we would not be able to give you refund for the SoC..

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Jill

Simplest way is to write to them and tell them you've imported your Hiace van and in order to obtain a carte grise for it, you need a type approval certificate. Provide some basic details of the van, attach a photocopy (front and rear) of your UK V5C registration document and offer to provide any further information they require.

Like this:

Messieurs

J'ai un fourgon Hiace que j'ai importé du Royaume-Uni et en vue d'obtenir une carte grise française, j'ai besoin d'un attestation d'identification à un type réceptionné en France.

Renseignements sur le véhicule:

Type:  Hiace

VIN:  (VIN number)

Moteur: (essence or diesel)

Boîte de Vitesse:  (méchanique or automatique)

Nombre de places assises:  (number of seats including driver)

Date de première mise en circulation:  (date of first registration in UK)

Pays de Provenance:  Royaume-Uni

N° Immatriculation dans le Pays de Provenance:  (UK registration number)

Carrosserie du véhicule:  Fourgon

P.T.C du véhicule:  (Gross vehicle weight/MAM in kg)

J'attache une copie complète (recto - verso) de la carte grise étrangère (V5C certificat d'immatriculation communautaire) et je reste à votre disposition pour tous renseignements complémentaires. 

Je vous prie d’agréer, Messieurs, l’expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs.

Signed

Doing it like this means if they come back to you with questions etc, it gives you time to work out exactly what they are asking for......[;-)]