Ecobonus

Wisigoth

I bought a new car in December, covered by the Ecobonus scheme, so I duly filled in and posted the forms (having scanned the completed paperwork). And waited for my 400 euros....... and waited........and waited.

Two months on, I decided to ring them to find out what was happening. I was told by a totally automated service that there were too many calls in the queue and I must ring another time. I rang... and rang... and even when I rang dead on opening time in the morning, I had the same reply. So I emailed. Eureka! They replied that they'd never received my forms. No probs, I just printed them out again and put them in the post. I emailed again to see if they'd received them.

Yes they had, but due to problems of the tésorerie and finance law of 2012, they told me not to expect payment any time soon.

Has anyone had any success with this or is it all just a con?

• 3 weeks later...
Hooray! I got notification last week that they were going to pay. I've checked the bank account and it's there. It took about a month after submitting the forms a second time. I can't complain as that's not bad going.

However, does anyone else have mail going astray? The whole reason I scanned the completed forms is because we've had so much mail either never reached us, or never reached the people we sent to. At first, I thought it was specific post boxes in town that were unreliable but now our lovely post lady collects our outgoing mail from our own box and things still go missing.

I started keeping copies of everything I sent in my early days in France, and keeping the envelope of letters received, if it was important.

I know post goes missing everywhere, but sometimes it felt like it was really bad in France.

My son was at college in the next dept and when they wrote to us it would take 12 days to get to us, an 18kms distance and I would think that their letters had gone missing, when they hadn't.