Lidl white emulsion

cajal

Good man!

I was tipped off on another forum today and bagged the last 4 pots, I was 5 minutes away from painting all the ceilings and cupboards in the latest appartement with some old lidl paint but the last batch in France had a problem with grains inside the paint requiring the surface to be denibbed with a scraper or sanded down after painting.

I've already used half the new 11 litre pot and the stuff is as good as it ever was, which is b****y good! They must be aware of the problems with the last batch because the price has gone back down to €16 from €25 last time and the volume back up to 11 litres from 10 litres, even the smaller volume at the higher price it was still really good value but the grains of sand contamination was not appreciated.

'grains inside the paint'

**!!""///// Give me strength...I'd rather a prang on a panel of my car than have to suffer that.  I  definitely have a severe case of OCD when it comes to emulsion, paint or lasure finish.

Whatever the job, it never gets used straight from the container it was purchased in. On 2nd and subsequent uses Mrs c always notices a decrease in the amount of tights or stockings she has as I nick them to strain the emulsion, paint or lasure through before use.

regards & seasons greetings

cajal

Yes loads of us were pretty pi55ed off about it, but in fact to remove them after they had dried was no big problem.

I used the word grains because I cant recall the word I want to use in English.

My French pal went to the Lidl at the next town today, its larger, gets more promo stock than mine and it sticks around longer, he hoovered up the last 4 pots and another guy remarked to him to se mefier with that paint because the last time he had bought some it was full of grains [:D]

I strained what remained of my gritty paint through a metal mesh sieve and did the same with another good pot that had been partially used so had the usual snots in it, then I did something very silly, I mixed them both together in the one pot, thus corrupting the good paint if the grains passed through the mesh of the sieve