Leasing my property in england/cost of living

Cambornecarper

Hi all, my family and I are intending to move to france within the next 2 years .I have been reading through all the posts reguarding small business,s in france.As far as I can see it is not an easy thing to do untill you are at the very least settled and begin to fit in to our new life.
We are fortunate to have a small business in the uk and accomodation above which we would be able to lease out when we finally leave.I was in two minds as to whether this would be a good idea or not,but after reading your posts here maybe it would not be so bad.
The money earned from the lease,s would not be a fortune 15,000 pa.tops less tax (paid in uk)and also I,m led to believe also again in france? Do you consider it to be a good (sensible)idea to lease the property and therefore have some kind of income.
Also how is the cost of living in france would it be possible to survive on 9,000 (after taxes)per year All the best Coiln

Hi
If you are resident in France and it sounds as though you would be then you would be paying French taxes on your worldwide income.
In a situation like your own it is well worth taking proper legal/tax advice before you head across.
Getting the basics right will save you a lot of heartache.
And depending on how big your family is E9000 a year might be a bit tight - I'd take some time over the maths on that one.
Fresh food and staple items are generally cheaper, but if you have to factor in travel to a supermarket and the cost of packaged food then costs do rise.
For insurances create an imaginary address in France and visit some websites to get quotes - they are not too difficult to follow.
And read, read, read as much as you can, as well as learn French.
Hope this helps
Regards
Craig McGinty
Living life the French way
http://www.thisfrenchlife.com