Earning a Living in UK (reverse theme!)

Wisey57

I was wondering whether anybody with second homes in France who would like to spend more time there than their annual leave affords (who doesnt) have changed their jobs in the UK? Obviously teachers get a decent deal in terms of holidays for having a second home but surely the majority must struggle to get enough time to make it worth their while sometimes.

I am not in a position to move full time over to France yet awhile although please if Im a really nice person can I do it one day type of thing. However, my job allows me 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays a year and I guess compared to some jobs even that isnt the worst. Since we bought our house, it is really grieving me that I cannot spend more time there and am trying to eek my allowance out in as economical a way as possible to get as much time out there as I can.

My question is how have others solved this problem? Are there any good working at home/internet/flexible working hours opportunities here in the UK?

Carole

Hi Carole
You ask some interesting questions but I will have a go at writing a reply.
Unfortunately you don't say what skills or experience you have, but do you think you could use them through the internet.
This is one of the cheapest ways to earning a self employed living.
You could for example write a guide/how-to ebook on something that you feel passionately about.
Then set up a website and start selling it via the internet so that it is delivered in a digital format.
There is no heading off to the post office and you can check how things are going from anywhere in the world!
I'd search through Google on 'writing ebooks' etc.
But I would seriously steer clear of schemes that ask you to pay upfront for stock and training manuals!
Hope this helps and feel free to drop me a line.
Regards
Craig McGinty
http://www.thisfrenchlife.com