Indepth forms and wages

Karen_Ian

Hi,

Am I the only one to be amazed at the type of indepth questions asked on job hunting forms?

ie number securite sociale; my partners job/ dob/ and salary; profession of my parents (and sisters/brothers) - ok this one is facultatif; my car details, reg and mileage; job and salary details I can understand (though I've no idea what the annual turnover was of the companies I worked for.) My last employers in the UK didn't have lots of this info and I'd been with them 5 years. To me some of this info seems in bit indepth especially for this stage as no interview is even arranged - but I need a job so I'll complete it. It just surprises me. Anyone else?

Anyway a question - salary aspirations. My belief is that salaries in the UK are more then here in France so I don't want scare anyone by stating my last wage (not that it was big but hopefully you know what I mean!). As I've seen no examples of equiv wages for my profession here has anyone a rough rule of thumb? ie salaries are x% of the Uk or what do teachers/ professionals get here? I'm going to ANPE later this week so I'll ask them as well but interested in your responses/ experiences.

Thanks

Karen