anyone with E101 or E128?

Helen888

if anyone has an E101 i would be really really grateful if you could let me know what to do about healthcare. Newcastle say no need to register with CPAM; Dr here in France says otherwise. Posting here as E101 is granted to those working temporarily in France...its not a massively common form so if it is necessary to register with CPAM i expect it will be complicated / CMU people to claim not to know what to do.

When I had E101 and E128, two or three years back, it was necessary to register with the assurés migrants department of the local CPAM (other CPAMs may do it differently, but you will still need to register with the CPAM for your area).

The problem is, E101 and E128 are in the process of being replaced by the European Health card, which France has and Britain doesn't, as yet. So it doesn't surprise me that there is confusion at present.

E128 is (was) a bit of an oddity, in that it is basically like E111, but offers access to a greater range of medical services than the E111, which is really for tourists. E128 was for people staying longer, like workers and students. Not all countries recognise the form on its own, so for those member states (which include France) it was issued with E101, which is basically a certificate to say that you are on temporary assignment abroad and still paying for health care in your own country. In theory, you shouldn't need to register with CPAM if you hold E128, but if you have E101 then you do have to register. I don't believe E101 means much on its own, unless accompanied by another form like the E128, or E109 which is for dependants of the E101 holder.

Maybe somebody else in a similar position (the forms under discussion are issued to workers on temporary assignment in another EU country) knows the current position?