Register a business in France or the Uk??

gingawizard

I am in the process of setting up a holiday company in france. I want to offer winter and summer holidays in a ski resort in the alps.

Does anyone know if I can get away with setting up and registering the company in the UK whilst whilst clients will take the holiday in France? All the money I will be taking will be taken in the UK. I know that there are plenty of ski companies that do this already - I worked for one that even paid my wages in the UK. Is this legal and can I do the same thing? Are there any good resources I can use to find out?

Although there are some complicated exceptions involving a UK company being able to set up a trading branch in France (which in effect works like a registered French business anyway) the simple answer to your question is no!

You will need to register your business in France, pay social charges and tax etc. There don't seem to be any loopholes I'm afraid but the process isn't too arduous with help of a French Accountant. It's all about doing things properly and most advantageously which only a professional can give you the best advice on.

Good luck