Starting a business

I have been living in France now for the past 5 years but the last year has been a little difficult. I do not want to bore you all with the sordid details and to cut a long story short I would like to start up a my own business. I do have a Titre De Sejour and a Carte Vital and my application for the RMI has just been approved. I think I understand most of what my my obligations are from previous posting by others  i.e registering with my local chambre de commerce bla bla......

What I am not sure of is does the state offer any extra help for those who are on the RMI in starting up a Micro-Enterprise. Are there any advantages i.e tax breaks or financial help?   

[quote]I have been living in France now for the past 5 years but the last year has been a little difficult. I do not want to bore you all with the sordid details and to cut a long story short I would like to...[/quote]

Yes there are, but I suspect that you have to be "on" RMI for a significant period before you qualify. I suggest that you ask your local Ch de whatever, at the same time that you enquire about registration! They've got you then .....

Hi

Read the information on the APCE site ( http://www.apce.com/index.php?type_page=IL&pays=1&rubrique_id=300000111  . It is the French business creation site in English and gives details of legal form, set up requirements, taxation, social costs, etc.

The question of grants is varied. I found that in my region I needed to employ people to get a grant. This changes by area. I think there is a tax holiday for people on RMI starting a business. APCE has a database of available grants, in French here : http://www.apce.com/index.php?rubrique_id=14&type_page=I

Bonne chance

Peter