Carcassonne?Limoux or Prades, help needed?

nicksouthuk

I was wondering whether anyone could help? Myself and partner will be moving to Languedoc this autumn and intend opening a bed and breakfast or gites. The problem I have is deciding which area will give the best rental opportunities, at the moment Carcassonne and Limoux looked good especially as the latter has the 3 month festival from January, however I was also looking at the area around Prades as this is close to the Pyrenees and seems to have lots of outdoor activities aswell as being closer to Spain. Any help here would be most appreciated.

Also I will be looking for a long term rental for at least 3 months most probably upto 6 and have two dogs that we will be bringing with us, so if anyone knows of anything in either of the areas I mentioned that would be great.

Many thanks
Nick

The area around Prades is indeed good for a variety of reasons. Mountain sports, water activities and it  is used by skiers in winter. It is also a plausible pass through area (Costa Brava to the Da Vinci bits ?)

I know of some B&B's and they seem to have good occupancy.

Our place (see sig) is available for long term lets at spoecial rates. You might also look on Franglo classified.