I have a dream...!

dysonh

which involves teaching English to French children and maintaining English with the English children.

I have been teaching for 15 years in UK and International schools with a high level of ESL (English Second LAnguage) children.

Does anyone know if my experience and my UK degree qualification is enough or do I need an alternative certificate, such as TEFOL or the like??

Also, far reaching Q here, but as I would like to set up my own business in a seperate delling on our property, how does one go about

establishing if there is a need for the service before you open your doors having sunk loads of money into the plan??? This is the bit I don't get!

i'm sorry i have no idea what qualifications you need but i'm sure that this question has been covered before.  Perhaps someone more regular to the forum may know the link.  I wish you were moving near me! What's your french like?  There are alot of english people (certainly in my area) who would love some basics in french, and there are lots of people moving to france with children that need their education kept upto speed.  I know i could use your services as my daughters english skills are holding on by a thread - she is much more motivated by someone else. 

thank you Mandycats, that is heartening in itsself - I am in 17, where r u?

This is a dream 3 yrs in the making, i wish sooner but my contract in Asia is for 2 more years, not that I'm not enjoying it, but, just want to get going............ yuo know what I mean????