Late Payments to Agent Commercials

Joe Mazz

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody knows if there is any legal action an agent commercial can take against consistent late payments, to the point that cotisations are now having to be paid late as a result through no fault of mine.

Thanks,Joe

How annoying, I'm sure you could do without this on top of the state of the housing market!  I'm presuming the exact method and timing of payment is in your contract, I would contact whoever you are registered with (chambre de metier (?) etc.) and see if there is any help for such situations, there are hundreds of agents commercial in France so perhaps there's an arbitration scheme, this must happen often I would think.  I wish you could name the agency (you can't on here) , they already get a good chunk of the fee without a great deal of effort without not paying the agent!

Just a little idea but have you tried asking ursaf for advice?  if there,s is one of the cotistations that are late they can be a force to be reconed with!  (got a feeling that a friend  did just that) the other thing is talking to the notaire involved if your slice of the pie was due to a house sale.  They are very good at giving advice on such matters.  it really annoys me when people don't pay, we have a small business and i have total sympathy for you (things are hard enough as it is!).  good luck and best wishes for a quick resolve.  just another thought.... what about protection juridique? (not sure about spelling)  we have legal protection from our bank - as the french legal system is costly - i'm not sure if it only covers domestic matters. 

again good luck!

http://stores.ebay.fr/catalytiquescom