Another Autoentrepeneur question!

Fiona

Hi there,  can anyone please advise if the Autoentrepeneur scheme is restricted to only one line of business??  For example, I am thinking of selling Phoenix cards and wrapping paper - however we are also thinking of doing more general sales at market stalls (perhaps some bric a brac, books, household goods etc) that we can source in the UK and bring over.  I wanted to know if I can declare all my sales income through one scheme or if it would have to be only the Phoenix sales?

Also, my partner is planning on doing a bit of building work - could we also declare his work through the Autoentrepeneur scheme or would he have to register himself as a different status?

Many thanks for your advice

Fi

You should be able to include all your sales activities in one Auto-entrepreneur application. There is a box for your main activity and one for other activities

Your partner needs to register separately and AE may not be the best regime, depending on what sort of 'bit of building work' he wants to do. For example, due to the way that AE is outside the TVA (VAT) system it can actually work against a tradesman ('artisan') who buys in materials to be used on a job. Also, the complusory insurances needed are quite expensive and seem to be harder to get for an AE.

Most building trades are controlled in France with a requirement for either transferable qualifications or several years of documented experience. As I understand it, if you apply under AE as a plumber, for example, they should require proof of your qualifications/experience before you get your registration