AE Scheme

fessen

Hi all,

After creating my thread about possibly moving to france.

I have mooched about the forum reading around the AE application, and knowledge regarding various other users on the forum.

In England I work F/T and I run an online shop, using ebay and other streams of income.

Would the AE scheme be allowed for that?

As when I move to France, we have sufficient funds and backing to be able to just work from home doing that.

My partner also does work online, and is interested in possibly running a clothes boutique in france eventually, and possibly breeding dogs.

(I know there may be limitations to the dogs, and boutique), however I am just wanting to know at the moment, where things stand with the AE and this potential scenario.

Any information is truly appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Just a quick reply as no-one else has picked this up. I understand from looking at discussions on this and other forums that the AE scheme is not entirely the best option for selling on Ebay etc online. This is because the percentage taken for tax and social security is charged on turnover (ie. total receipts) with no allowance for - in the case of distance selling - postage and packing. Also the AE scheme remains outside the VAT regimes.......

I am sure you will find more comments by searching the various forums. P-D de R.