Cleaners Pay

Evianers

Just read on another website that a gite owner in Germany pays her cleaners between €7-9 per hour: not only that, but a similar person resident in France says that €9 is the minimum wage paid to cleaners. Is this correct? If so it is pitiful. Bet they would not undertake such arduous work for that amount. Poor cleaners must be desperate. We are opposite Lausanne and a cleaner there earns between CHF25-30 per hour - that's more like it!

[quote user="Evianers"] We are opposite Lausanne and a cleaner there earns between CHF25-30 per hour - that's more like it!
[/quote]

The Swiss must be pretty wealthy to be able to pay cleaners 22 to 26€ per hour - that's 40 to 50,000€ per year.

Our daughter is living in Basel and trying to find work as an artist. Maybe I should suggest she'd be better off as a cleaner

Is it different in London, here is it £5.93.

Also what the employer pays out is quite different to what the employee receives. So anyone employing a cleaner will be paying approx double that amount. Good thing is that it can be claimed against tax.

Yep.................£5.93 an hour. Soon to go up to just over £6.00

Think i'd work for 9 euro an hour as a cleaner in France...............it's more than I get an hour running our Chambres D'Hote when everything is taken into account !!

Not complaining though I don't have to travel to work !!

Mel.

[quote user="nomoss"]

[quote user="Evianers"] We are opposite Lausanne and a cleaner there earns between CHF25-30 per hour - that's more like it!

[/quote]

The Swiss must be pretty wealthy to be able to pay cleaners 22 to 26€ per hour - that's 40 to 50,000€ per year.

Our daughter is living in Basel and trying to find work as an artist. Maybe I should suggest she'd be better off as a cleaner

[/quote]

Yep. She'd probably earn more, but then job satisfaction would not be quite the same.

RE the SMIC the person gets just over 7€ net an hour. So even part time workers lose 22% of their income in stoppages and pre tax, as if they would pay income tax.

So stating that someone gets 9€ an hour is not really right. Whereas someone in the UK doing 23 hours a week gets their £5.93 an hour without paying any stoppages or income tax. Naturally if they work longer hours then they start paying 12% national insurance.

Yes, but that is before people pay cotisations, and that is what equals it out.

Salaire minimum national mensuel en euros, avant déduction de l'impôt sur le revenu et des cotisations sociales.

Non corrigé de l'inflation.

Also the exchange rate is not what it was, should be etc etc etc, so comparing is very hard to do.

[quote user="Evianers"]Just read on another website that a gite owner in Germany pays her cleaners between €7-9 per hour: not only that, but a similar person resident in France says that €9 is the minimum wage paid to cleaners. Is this correct? If so it is pitiful.[/quote]

Is the Swiss figure you quote the gross or net pay to the cleaner?

With most work, there is a going rate for the job and the area - or country. I expect in Paris or Berlin and similar cities, cleaners will be paid more than their small town (or rural), few employment opportunities, basic-waged cousins. It's not pitiful - it's what it is. If someone wants to earn more doing the same job then they can, of course, choose to go to Paris or Berlin - or Lausanne - and take the increased wage (if that is in fact the case) along with the concomitant increase in their cost of living.

[quote user="idun"]

Is it different in London, here is it £5.93.

Also what the employer pays out is quite different to what the employee receives. So anyone employing a cleaner will be paying approx double that amount. Good thing is that it can be claimed against tax.

[/quote]

Can you please explain why the employer is paying out double the wage paid to the employee?

There is the 10% holiday pay and then the employers cotisations to pay so it is almost double, probably 80+ %. I never said it was an exactly figure, but it isn't that far out.

Still as I also said, CESU are deductable on the impots forms.

Been thinking, I personally don't know anyone poor who has a cleaner. Even the 3eme agers I know in France have been aisé.

I know for sure that there are people who get help,  handicapped, retired, and those in need of personal help and cleaning assistance after coming out of hospital but how that works I'm not sure, even though a friend used to organise it and two other friends used to actually work for this association type thing.  Never thought to ask.

[quote user="idun"]

There is the 10% holiday pay and then the employers cotisations to pay so it is almost double, probably 80+ %. I never said it was an exactly figure, but it isn't that far out.

Still as I also said, CESU are deductable on the impots forms.

[/quote]

Sorry, but from your earlier quote I thought that you were talking about the UK as you started out mentioning London.

[quote user="idun"]

Been thinking, I personally don't know anyone poor who has a cleaner. Even the 3eme agers I know in France have been aisé.

I know for sure that there are people who get help,  handicapped, retired, and those in need of personal help and cleaning assistance after coming out of hospital but how that works I'm not sure, even though a friend used to organise it and two other friends used to actually work for this association type thing.  Never thought to ask.

[/quote]

The Aide Sociale at the Hospital applies to the CPAM

You have to give details of income such as your last Avis d'imposition and details of your pension.

I coild get a 3 euros an hour reduction for someone to help with chores, for example