Fosse-septiques again!

Yaldend

It seems the more I find out the more I need to find out!
We've been in touch with a builder in France who informs us that when installing a fos-sep it is absolutely crucial to have a soil test( at 250) which determines which type of fos-sep is required.We are on clay.
Additionally he informs us that the size of tank required is obtained from the number of bedrooms a property has, not how long it is occupied for, or how many people etc.
We had agreed a shared cost of 2000 for this installation but the size fos sep he is recommending is 3700 before installation!! I haven't found anything referencing these matters in the archives so I seek info from you learned folk!
Deb

>It seems the more I find
>out the more I need
>to find out!
>We've been in touch with a
>builder in France who informs

You will need planning permission, but normally when this is submitted the mayors office will decide if what you propose is satisfactory or you would benefit from the intervention of the DDASS which is the agency responsible for this sort of installation. I've never heard of soil testing, in my experience the local knowledge of the mayor and his team is all that is required. The prices you quote seem astronomic to me.

Regards

Charles