fosses -again

janbooth

Having read all the previous very useful advice in Forum on fosses and possible alternatives,can anyone advise on how they deal with percolation if the garden has fairly high granite??
I think maybe I need to start addressing soon in view of new regs -we are in 22 in very rural area so I don't think it will be mains drainage for us and I'm not sur ethat whatever fosse exists at the moment is likely to conform to anything.
Thanks
Jan

The only answer I can give is to advise you to contact someone in the area to go to the site and do a visit for you. This will entail surveying where the fosse would be sited, and checking for percolation, amongst other things.
My first visit was not charged for.
Alcazar

For fosses we have put in Dept 22 the regs were very strict and that was including a 20m soakaway. Here in 29 the rules are tightening up as well and as I have said before, come 2005 any permis de construire applications will have their drainage checked first to see if they are installed with the original authorisation and if not, this work will take priority over the building permission. All installations these days will have soil tests and a lot of paperwork included.