house Renovations

Alanc

I am considering buying a couple of roof light/ velux type windows and will be looking to have them installed in my house in the Normandy. Does anybody have any idea what I'm likely to have to pay to have somebody do the job for me? I don't anticipate any problems in completing the job.

Before you do anything, make sure you have permission to install them if there is no existing rooflights or openings and also if the intended new ones are much larger than the current existing ones.We have a fixed price for installing certain sized and types of Velux windows,but unfortunately hubby has already gone to work and I cannot quote you. If no one else replies, I will try when he returns tonight.

It will certainly not be expensive. We had two installed in place of two old metal skylights but very slightly larger and the 2 fitters did the job in a morning. Very worth while and one of the few jobs we would not have wished to tackle ourselves.

I have been researching this to get them put in my downstairs bathroom (in a single storey part of the house) and have the following observations.

They are cheaper in France

Don't buy them yourself unless you are fitting them.

Your local installer can buy and fit and will only charge 5.5% TVA.

Finding an installer might be difficult I haven't started phoning yet.

Roger