Fosse Etanche

Chippiepat

sorry to post yet another Fosse question but have tried searching the forum but to no avail.
I have a small property near to Bussiere Poitevine to which I am trying to install a fosse, for a number of reasons ( heavy clay soil, no ditches nearby, roads to cross with pipework etc, )I have decided to opt for a fosse etanche for the black water & soakaway for the grey water.I have been advised that there are no plans for the area to be put onto main drainage.My question is apart from the obvious drawback of having to have the fosse emptied every so often are there other significant disadvantages to this system.
Many thanks in anticipation
Pat

Have you applied for a permit to install a fosse etanche, as they are now illegal unless you have no other solution? (Contact your Mairie and/or Syndicat des Eaux) We have a 400 year old house with a fosse etanche and it causes no problems whatsoever apart from the cost of having it emptied, the frequency of which will depend on the size of the fosse. I would recommend that you instal a float alarm so that you know when it needs emptying, rather than waiting until it needs doing NOW!

John and Angie Moore (17)