Heating a large house

Cat71

We are curently living in a house of 150 sqm and are planning to convert a part of the grenier into 2 ensuite bedrooms making a total of approx 250sq m. Our builder has suggested we heat them with 6 radiateurs "fluide colporteur" but had quoted us 8970euro to install the electrics and rads. We think that for that kind of money we could install a full system!
We are planning to use the rooms for chambre d'hote so they may not be in use full time. We have high ceilings and face the Jura so I think it may be quite cold in winter.

Can anyone recommend a heating system be it oil, gas, wood or electric that will be economical to run and install and will suit our needs?
Thanks

>We are planning to use the
>rooms for chambre d'hote so
>they may not be in
>use full time. We have
>high ceilings and face the
>Jura so I think it
>may be quite cold in
>winter.

If the rooms are to be used in Winter then you will certainly need something more than background heating. The cost you have been quoted does seem a little on the high side for electric heating and I would agree that quite an extensive system could be installed for the price, though generally prices are higher in France than in the UK for a central heating system.

>Can anyone recommend a heating system
>be it oil, gas, wood
>or electric that will be
>economical to run and install
>and will suit our needs?

For central heating piped gas is cheapest, otherwise oil but adequate insulation is essential.

As the additional rooms are to be daily lets then probably electric is the cheapest to install and run in that they can be turned off during periods of no occupation or when your visitors are out.

Email me if you think I can help further.

CHRIS
>Thanks