woodworm treatment

Le_Jars

The common furniture beetle emerges late spring/summer from existing infected wood(in the UK,french woodworm may be differant !).Preventative treatment is not usually carried out on uninfected properties,if timber has a moisture content of less than approx 12% it will not be infected.One of the most effective treatments and preventative treatments is to install central heating.

It is generally more economical to keep an eye on untreated timbers and treat them if they do become infected,this also eliminates the introduction of toxic materials into the building environment.

Regards Tony

Our ancient house 1739/1841 is riddled with woodworm. Fortunately it's oak framed and built like a cathedral. However, having been here 3 months I'm convinced my chopping board is suffering even though my husband just tells me I have a vivid imagination.

Lord help the soft wooded DFS suite when it comes in from the garage let alone the pine beds! The woodworm will have a party.

We've got gallons of water based chemicals to treat the floorboards etc but can you recommend anything for furniture. We bought a few pieces that were in the house, such as a large table, a couple of clocks, a bed and a wardrobe.When we moved the table it's foot just crumbled into sawdust

Is there any easy to use chemical on the market to treat the remainder of the furniture before it's too late?

Catherine